'Double suicide' Japanese puppet-drama updated
- Document source:
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Publication date:
- 1970 Oct 30
- Document language:
- Document type:
- Number of pages:
- Related films:
- Shinju ten no amijima (Double suicide) — Shinoda, Masahiro — Japan — 1969
- Film country(ies):
- Film language(s):
- Film production company:
- Art Theatre Guild of Japan Co. Ltd. and Hyogensha Inc.
- Film genre(s):
- Adaptation, Drama, Feature, and Show business
- Film subject(s):
- Chikamatsu, Monzaemon, 1653-1725. Shunjo ten no amijima -- Film and video adaptations
- Puppet theater -- Japan -- Drama
- Suicide -- Japan -- Drama
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Japan -- Drama
A PDF of this document is available
Materials from the BAMPFA Film Library and Study Center’s CineFiles project may be protected by U.S. copyright, and possibly other statutes, even if no copyright symbol appears. Please be advised that we are providing these materials for personal study purposes only, following sections 107 (Fair Use) and 108 (Reproduction by Libraries and Archives) of the U.S. Copyright Act; please contact the publisher to obtain permission for any other type of use.
In order to access these materials, you must create a free account and indicate that you acknowledge and will comply with these terms. Please click below to sign up; once you have logged in, you will be able to access this document.